Rustic Cabin Shadow Box Easel Card

Hello crafty friends! Art Impressions recent release includes a great new cabin on a lake scene called Boat Window Accessory Set 5409. This is a great miniature scene which includes a separate rustic boat stamp and die. My little personal touch is the red door. My house has a red door so I usually color doors red as a nod to my own home. These little window scenes are perfect to color in any way you like. I chose to watercolor my window scene using Zig Clear Color Pens. I added shine to the water with a coating of clear Wink of Stella. The sparkle reminds me of lake water on a summer day.

Zig Clear Color Pens Used:
May Green, Deep Green, Light Green, Green, Deep Blue, Persion Blue, Cobalt Blue Oatmeal, Light Gray, Mid-Gray, Dark Gray, Gray Brown, Black, Dark Brown, Beige  


I have a video on this card and show you how to make a 5" x 7" easel card with basic supplies. You'll also see how easy it is to install the Shadow Box Window Die to create really stunning dimension.


Like many card makers, I love patterned papers and I try to use them to make my cardmaking a little easier. This 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" paper caught my eye and I've been waiting for an opportunity to use it. It's Recollections from Michaels. I'm not sure it's still available but it's called Secret Gardenia. It has rose gold foil details and pretty vintage bird and floral images. I used another piece of turquoise paper splattered with rose gold foil to cut out the word Hello several times. I stacked them to create the thick look. I used a washed turquoise piece of cardstock from the Heidi Swapp My Favorite Things 6 x 6 paper pad. I splattered the card with watered down white acrylic paint for additional rustic vibes. The window sets pair beautifully with the new Shadow Box Window Die 5408. It comes with the dies to recess your image behind the window frame and includes a window box. It lays flat when shut but pops up when the card is opened. It's a great way to add some unexpected dimension to your card.


I thought it would be fun to create an easel card with this so that the window would be at a perfect angle when displayed. I made my own 5" x 7" easel card base out of Neenah Classic Gold Pearl Cardstock and used the Rectangle Double Stitched Dies to make a stopper and a birthday sentiment. I matted the front panel on Stardream Metallic Lagoon cardstock. The pearlized and distressed papers help to make this card stand out. When displayed, the box part of the die is free to pop up and provide the 3D effect it is designed for. I placed the boat on the outside of the window frame but it could also be used inside the shadow box or not at all. You get to decide!

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed this card and seeing the cool effect that the Shadow Box Window Die provides for your Window Accessories stamps.

Happy Stamping!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest

No comments