Think Spring!

Hey everyone! It's almost spring and this little cutie wants to remind you that it's right around the corner. I don't know about you, but I certainly am dreaming of warm spring days, flowers and yes - butterflies and ladybugs!

This A2 sized card started by applying Eyelet Outlet Grass Washi at the bottom of a fun spring striped cardstock that I pulled from my scrap bin. I cut the cute little rabbit from an older die from CottageCutz. Really any cute character about this size could be used for this card. While this bunny is looking up toward the butterflies, it would have almost the same affect if he had a different position. After cutting him out of white cardstock, I Copic markers in grays and pinks. I placed him on top of the grass and set the mini ladybug and the turtle brads in place. Then the Think Spring and the Bright Butterfly brads were added. Finally a few sequins were added for a touch of sparkle. Once all this was done, I glued the panel to a light yellow A2 card base. I really like how the grass makes an instant scene. So much quicker than coloring it. If seeing the patterned paper through it bothered you, you can apply it to white cardstock and then add it to the panel. I don't mind the transparency. I think it's kind of a cool effect this way.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great Sunday!

- Janet  

No comments