Baby Critters Cards - Giraffe & Lion

Hi crafty friends! Today I've got another pair of cards for you. These feature the new release from Art Impressions called Baby Animals. It includes several baby animals and other images including a hippo, elephant, hippo, lion, bird, balloons and a wagon full of presents. There are ten sentiments full of fun little animal puns for you to use too. This set includes matching dies. Look for Baby Critters 5400 in the Ai store.

I often make two cards of similar styles when I am creating. Mostly it's because I can't decide which images are my favorite and that was certainly the case with this set! I began by making my own blue, pink and purple background from Pixie Powders on wet 110 lb white cardstock. Once dry, I cut it and a golden yellow cardstock with a sunburst die. Since I had the parts and pieces, I decided to make use of them and create two cards. I really like the look of a sunburst. It really focuses the eye on the center of the card. There are many dies and stencils available in the market that would create a similar effect. 

I used a CottageCutz die for the grass and vines used to accent each animal. The Sunburst die was part of a past Hero Arts kit but I've included a link here for a very similar die. It really is a versatile die to have in your collection. It makes everything look great.

I have a video showing how I made these cards. Click on the link below to watch.



As you can tell, I enjoy working with bold colors. The animals were a lot of fun to color up with my copics but they'd be great with pencils or watercolor also. 


This little lion is ready to Roar! I love his little teeth and proud mane. He capures the personality of so many little children I know. Bright, bushy-tailed and excited!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

Happy Creating!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest

No comments