Fa-BREW-lous Mini Coffe House!

Hello Clever Crafty Friends!

Today I've created a card using the brand new Coffee House Matchbook card release from Art Impressions. Oh my goodness! The Matchbook line is so cute! This was my first try at making this style of card from Ai and I think it's started a new obsession. These little guys are so adorable when done and they are so much fun to make! In fact, I made the first one on the left and then just couldn't stop so I made the next one on the right using simple crayons to color the images. I wanted to show that you don't need anything fancy to color these and still have a wonderful result. Pencils would also work very well on these small images. 


The matchbook cards are just 1 7/8" wide and 2" tall when folded up. Once opened, they create the dioramas you see in the photos. When opened up, mine measure 3" wide x 2" tall. In this release, Ai has added a Coffee Shop-5403 and a Sewing Room-5402 to the line. To make these you need the MB Template Die-5317. This is the base of the card and it works for all the tiny add-on scenes like this Coffee Shop. Also available is the optional MB Envelope Die-5318. There are two additional optional accessory sets that you can use to further embellish these. They are the Wall Accessories-5323 and Cat Accessories-5324. The sets all come with matching dies except for the MB Template and envelope which are dies only. However, with these dies you get a number of additional accessories you can cut for your scenes like windows and frames, rugs, a easel to put on the back of the card for display and mini bows, flower, hear and star. 

Let me show you how easily these are made including using the Cosmic Shimmer Matt Chalk Polish, click on the thumbnail below to watch.



 
I stamped and colored the images from the Coffee House stamp and die set. Then I colored with Copic markers. After cutting the card based from a piece of double-sided 6 x 6 cardstock, I applied some pink Cosmic Shimmer Matt Chalk Polish to the floor to distinguish the floor from the walls. This isn't a necessary step but adds to the overall look. Then I glued all the colored pieces I had made into the card template. I made sure that as I glued each piece, the card would still be able to fold flat when closed. This set comes with some accessories like the floor sign and the wall sign, the cute line-up of hanging mugs and the sentiment. I colored the signs to resemble a chalk board and then used a white gel pen to to add a few words. I did the same thing in a black pen with card that sits on top of the case next to the cookie jar. You could write anything on these pieces and customize them to the person you are giving it to. Wouldn't it be great for the sign to say, "Thank You (friend's name)!" or, "Let's meet for coffee!" 

I used these Copic Colors:
Yellow Blends: Y11, Y15, Y17 
Blue Bends: B12, B24, B28
Brown Blends: E43, E44, E47 & E21, E23, E25
Red Blends: R83, R85, R89 & R32, R35, R37, R39
Black Blends: C0, C1, C3, C5, C7
Glass Blends: C0, C1, C3, B00


The first was so fun, I decided to do it again but this time I used Crayola Crayons instead of Copic markers. I really wanted to show how cute these are with even the most basic coloring medium. I think older children would have a great time coloring and asembling these! In this version I used blue chalk paint to color the floor and an oval rug from the Template. I didn't cut windows in so I could hang up the signs and the heart picture. I also used pink chalk paint to stamp the branches on the wall using 5008 WC Flower Set 3 and I used pink chalk paint to shade the edges of the die cut. 

I am really entranced with this line and can't wait to see what Bonnie from Ai will dream up next. I love that these will take so little room up on a shelf but remind your friends and family that you are thinking of them. They will be treasured little pieces of art to all who are lucky enough to get one from you. 

Thanks for joining me today. I hope you enjoyed learning more about these itty bitty creations that are on the edge of being magical! 

Happy Creating!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest

No comments