O Christmas Bee Tunnel Card

 

Hi everyone and welcome to some fresh Christmas air. It's July and in my book, the perfect time to bring out a little Christmas spirit in the heat of summer.

Today I've made a tunnel card for you. It's a fun fold that builds up a layered and dimensional look. It's a perfect style for scene building. In my tunnel, I've created a bee-utiful bee Christmas tree trimming party! Can you hear the singing? I feel like I can.

The tunnel card base was created with a card blank set from PhotoPlay. These are sold in packs of 6 and you can customize them with your own dies, papers and embellishments. 

I chose images from the Christmas Bee set, #5042. I stamped them on 300 Series Strathmore Bristol cardstock and used Tombow markers and a colorless blender to make these come to life. There are enough images to do several different cards in this set. I used most but not all of the images and only one of the seven sentiments included in it.

I decorated the tree image with red and silver stickles. Other than that, I added no other embellishments. These images stand on their own and I didn't think I needed more to create the happy scene.

I made a video with all the details. You can see it by clicking on the thumbnail below:

Here's a closer look at the tunnel scene.

And here's a little closer look at the card front. I imagine she is THE "Queen Bee." I always thought the Queen Bee would be kind of scary but she is a friendly, happy sort!

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you might be inspired to look through your Christmas stamps and start creating a few holiday cards of your own. It's a great time to experiment and decide on card designs you want to use in December. There are lots of choices in the Ai store to get you going.

Stay cool!
 
Happy Creating!
Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 

No comments