Wild Child! Copic Coloring Tips & No Mess Alcohol Ink Background!

 

Hello everyone! Today I'm here with the super fun Hats Off Mrs. Set. This card is bold, bright, colorful and full of sass! Just the way I like it and why I enjoy Art Impression stamps so much. 

This image was Copic colored. The colors used are at the end of this post for your convenience. Of course, this would be fun in all kinds of color combinations so pick your favorite colors and markers, paints, or pencils and have a go at it.

I chose a patterned paper background that is full of color and sets off this wild child well. I also used a circle of vellum with a paper frame to help make her detailed hat the focal point of the card. I used the rectangle, circle and flag double stitched dies on this card. Have you tried the flag dies for sentiments? They work really great for them and as accents too. 

A bit more on the background I used. The colorful background is a printed cardstock. I discovered this paper pack from Craft Consortium called Ink Drops - Vivid. There are many different versions and colorways in the Ink Drops line. For anyone who is intimidated by using alcohol inks or who doesn't want to invest in all the supplies, or simply doesn't want the mess - this is a perfect way to get a gorgeous alcohol ink look with zero effort. I'm so excited to have run into this paper. I love, love it!

I have a tutorial video for this card so stop by and pick up some Copic coloring tips I share that apply to this and other images you might be coloring. 


COPIC COLORS USED:
Robe: B00, B01, B04
Pants: C00, C00, C01, R81, R83
Hat: YR18, YR9, YR7
Hat Bow: R32, R35, R37, R39
Bottle & Glass: C7, C5, C3, C0, B000 

 Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed looking at this card idea. See you next week!

Happy Creating!
Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 

No comments